The approach we took to solve this challenge involved a national/international benchmark, co-creation sessions with medical staff and patients, and 3 prototypes to do user testing and from there, understand what a possible MVP solution was and measure other releases over time. time that complemented our proposal of subspecialties.
As a result of this research and prototyping, we decided to break the structure of our scheduling and offer our patients options in civil and much friendlier language that would not intimidate them when interacting with an official but little-known concept such as subspecialties.
This also went hand in hand with what the doctors felt was correct at the medical and service level so as not to be so disruptive with the business model that they maintain around expertise and prestige within their line of work. For this, we had to prioritize the specialties with more subspecialties and make a general sweep of all the subspecialties and the base understanding that the terminology generated.